About the Department
- ECE umbrella is quite large covering many fields. It stands for satisfying ever changing needs covering various technologies. The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering exists since the inception of AMRITASAI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY in 2007. The department caters to the instructional needs of four-year B Tech ECE students. Up to 2008 the annual student intake at UG level of the ECE department was only 60; in the academic year2009-10 the intake was enhanced to 90; and increased to 120 in 2010 further it is has been increased to 180 in 2012.
AICTE has sanctioned a PG Courses in VLSI & Embedded systems with an intake of 18 with effect from academic year 2011-12 and DECS Course with an intake of 24 with effect from AY: 2013-14
The Department helps to create quality professionals through implementation of interactive and effective
teaching methodology with useful guidance of technically experienced faculty members. Contribute academic atmosphere that would facilitate producing interaction between students, faculty, industry and community. The Department is equipped with excellent laboratory infrastructure.
1. High quality faculty and highly sophisticated and well equipped labs are added advantage for the benefit of student learning and application.
2. Library consist huge number of books and separate digital library to provide video lectures of experts.
3. Good internet facilities as have special all time open internet labs.
4. Employment opportunities for students are provided through on-campus & off campus placement.
5. Good at consultancy projects
6. Better opportunities for the students in sports field.
7. The department runs PMKVY course for the students who have discontinued Intermediate students.
8. Good number of FDPs has been conducting for the faculty to improve their innovative teaching methodologies.
9. Department under NSIC-TIC ANDROID mobile service training center established
10. Department regularly organizing guest lectures, seminars and workshops and expert lectures by eminent personalities in academia and experts from the industry to provide industry orientation to our students to enhance their knowledge.
ECE SAR REPORT
“To produce high quality skilled and competent Engineers with social and professional ethics and be known among the top ranking department in the state by 2020”.
“To impart contemporary quality technical education that addresses the needs of changing technology to students with ethical, social and environmental consciousness; and create, disseminate new knowledge in the field of ECE and allied disciplines.”
Contact: 0866-2428399 Ext:302
Courses offered by department:
Electronics and Communication Engineering
DECS, VLSI and Embedded Systems
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Possess strong educational foundation in Science, Mathematics and Electronics & Communication Engineering that is essential to pursue successful careers / higher studies.
- Possess knowledge of engineering breadth in core discipline so that they will be successful in creating new products, processes and solutions for socially relevant problems that are technically sound and environment friendly. Have the broad based knowledge and capability suitable for global multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Be professionals with leadership qualities, effective communication skills, ethical attitude and competence to excel individually and work efficiently in teams.
- Be a life-long learner that is essential for a successful professional career.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and Write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PSO-Program Specific Objectives
An ability to understand the concepts of basic Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them to various areas like Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded systems, Communication Systems, Digital & Analog Devices, etc.
An ability to solve complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems, using latest hardware and software tools, along with analytical skills to arrive cost effective and appropriate solutions.
Wisdom of social and environmental awareness along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real-world applications using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.
LIST OF LABORATORY & INVESTMENT
Name of the Laboratory
Electronic Devices Circuits LAB
IC & PDC LAB
Microprocessor and micro controllers LAB
Microwave and optical communication LAB
Electronic - Computer Aided Design Lab LAB
Digital Signal Processing LAB
Analog & Digital Communication LAB
Students Roll List
Students Roll List
Students Roll List
|S. No||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification|
|1.||Mr B. Balaji||Associate. Professor||M. Tech, (Ph. D)|
|2.||Ms P. V L Suvarchala||Associate. Professor||M. Tech, (Ph. D)|
|3.||Sri B. Rama Rao||Associate. Professor||M. Tech, (Ph. D)|
|4.||Sri B. Suresh||Associate. Professor||M. Tech, (Ph. D)|
|5.||Sri M. Venkat Rao||Associate. Professor||M. Tech|
|6.||Sri CH. Suresh||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|7.||Sri S. Rama Koteswara Rao||Associate. Professor||M. Tech|
|8.||Sri P. Srinivas||Associate. Professor||M. Tech|
|9.||Sri K. Phani Srinivas||Associate. Professor||M. Tech, (Ph. D)|
|10.||Sri G. Latha||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|11.||Sri G. Siva Kumar||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|12.||Sri A. Enoch||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|13.||Sri Y. V N M Sarma||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|14.||Sri M. Narasimha Rao||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|15.||Ms J. Naga Prathima||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|16.||Dr A. Sai Suneel||Professor||Ph. D|
|17.||Dr M. Suman||Professor||Ph. D|
|18.||Sri Y. Phani Kumar||Associate. Professor||M. Tech|
|19.||Dr S. Koteswara Rao||Professor||Ph. D|
|20.||Dr B. Naresh Reddy||Professor||Ph. D|
|21.||Sri K. Ram Babu||Associate. Professor||M. Tech|
|22.||Sri Y. Richard J Anand||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|23.||Sri N. Satish Babu||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|24.||Ms B. Anusha||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|25.||Ms T. Pushpa Latha||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|26.||Ms J. Rajya Lakshmi||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|27||Sri K. Tirumala Rao||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|28.||Sri M. Ranjith Kumar||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|29.||Ms J. Mallikharjuna Rao||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|30.||Sri K. Chandra Rao||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|31.||Sri G. Hussain Babu||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|32.||Sri V. Srinivasa Rao||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|33.||Sri K. Anuradha||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|34.||Sri M. Venkata Krishna||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|35.||Sri K. Naresh||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|36.||Sri G. Naresh||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|37.||Sri B. Raj Kumar||Associate. Professor||M. Tech|
|38.||Sri V. Narahari||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|39.||Ms V. Sandhya||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|40.||Sri T. Sikhamani||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|
|41.||Sri M. Kishore babu||Assistant. Professor||M. Tech|