To provide excellent Civil Engineering education to make significant contribution to the economic development of the State, Region and Nation
- To produce nationally-competitive undergraduate students for a successful career in Civil Engineering by imparting quality education
- To provide advanced skills and knowledge in state-of-the-art research and design in sub-areas of Civil Engineering and to prepare students to pursue higher studies to seek a professional career or entrepreneurship
- To inculcate in the students the importance of social service, through educational and professional activities, so that they become useful to the society
Program Educational Objectives
PEO1 Pursue successful careers or higher studies in civil engineering with morals and ethics through their strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering
PEO2 Analyze and design appropriate solutions for socially relevant problems by using current engineering techniques and tools
PEO3 Engage in professional development through effective communication, team work and lifelong learning
- Graduates will be able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals to solve complex civil engineering problems.
- Graduates will attain the capability to identify, formulate and analyse problems related to civil engineering and substantiate the conclusions
- Graduates will be in a position to design solutions for civil engineering problems and design system components and processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration to public health and safety.
- Graduates will be able to perform analysis and interpretation of data by using research methods such as design of experiments to synthesize the information and to provide valid conclusions.
- Graduates will be able to select and apply appropriate techniques from the available resources and modern civil engineering and software tools, and will be able to predict and model complex engineering activities with an understanding of the practical limitations.
- Graduates will be able to carry out their professional practice in civil engineering by appropriately considering and weighing the issues related to society and culture and the consequent responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions on environmental safety and legal issues.
- Graduates will transform into responsible citizens by resorting to professional ethics and norms of the engineering practice.
- Graduates will be able to function effectively in individual capacity as well as a member in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary streams.
- Graduates will be able to communicate fluently on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and society, and will be able to prepare reports and make presentations effectively.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the same while managing projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Graduates will engage themselves in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change while continuing professional practice in their specialized areas of civil engineering.
About Civil Engineering
The Civil Engineering Department was established in 2012. It is well equipped for running under graduate and post graduate courses. Presently, the department offers B.Tech-Civil Engineering and M.Tech-Structural Engineering with an intake of 120 and 24 respectively.
The department has taken up various research programmes apart from regular teachings and the research activities, funded/sponsored by DST, NRDMS, NHAI, AP-Transport, AICTE and UGC. It has created cooperation with industries to work for the various tasks given by Govt., Semi-Govt. and other Private organisations. It is particularly dedicating in providing solutions to the people of the country in particular people of Andhra Pradesh with technical solutions and guidelines. It conducts short-term courses, training courses, seminars, workshops and conferences for enrichment in quality of students. The department has its own Civil Engineering Forum which is dedicated in organising lectures by various experts in their respective field, group discussions, competitions, sports and various other extra-curricular and cultural activities so that there would be an holistic all round development of students.
Various lab facilities are provided to students here. The labs here are Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Concrete Technology, Engineering Geology, Hydraulics, Surveying and GIS. It has its own separate computer lab and dept. library. Apart from that there is a separate Seminar Hall and E-Centre.
HOD’s Remarks on Department
Welcome to the family of ASIST and thanks for choosing Amrita Sai…!
Andhra Pradesh has entered into a major infrastructural expansion requiring Civil Engineers to play an important role in national building. So, the Department has set its goals for a new era with a technology product-oriented, professional focus, and embarked on undertaking changes towards meeting the needs for the region susequently nation. Updating curriculum of academic programs facilities of laboratories, including students in projects are few important changes that are underway. This crucial effort of the Department of Civil Engineering is steered by its active faculty members.The Department of Civil Engineering with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with the infrastructural industry and academic and research institutions both within and outside the country. So with the mission to offer world-class undergraduate and post-graduate education, research guidance, professional consultancy, outreach and manpower training as well as leadership in Civil Engineering.
Come Join for Rebuilding a better tomorrow…!
National Highway Audit (NH-65) – Sponsoring/Funding Agency – AP Transport Department and National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Technical Clubs: (K.L.Rao, SirArthur Cotton, M.Visweswarayya, Hardy Cross)
Cultural Clubs: (Krishnaveni, Godavari, Ganga, Yamuna)
Departmental Forum: FORCE (FOrum for Royal Civil Engineers)
Contact: 0866-2428399 Ext:306
Sri. Chinnam Yuvaraju
Assoc. Professor and HOD of Dept. Civil Engineering
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Designation|
|1||Ch. Yuva Raju||Associate Professor|
|2||SK Asif Ali||Assistant Professor|
|3||V Kanaka Durga||Assistant Professor|
|4||B. Rama Krishna||Assistant Professor|
|5||M Poojitha||Assistant Professor|
|6||Ch. Mounika||Assistant Professor|
|7||K. Mohana Krishna||Assistant Professor|
|8||S. Amulya||Assistant Professor|
|9||G Venkata Sudhakar||Assistant Professor|
|10||L Ravinder||Assistant Professor|
|10||D N V Potha Raju||Assistant Professor|